Analysis of Small Size Engine
with Supercharger Using Ethanol Gasoline Blend – A Review Paper
OTHER TECHNIQUES TO IMPROVE ENGINE PERFORMANCE. 4
SUPERCHARGER & TURBOCHARGER. 4
How a Supercharger Works. 5
EXPECTED OUTCOMES. 7
Many inventions are made to increase the IC motors performance. In a view,
Process motors are always at risk by shifting among various properties, like efficiency, energy, heat, response. When the electricity is increased, the performance is always low; Ethanol is the potential material to use as a fuel-based fuel option in automobiles. The principle explanation behind the safety of chemical substance is that it may be developed with a natural product or waste material that is produced by non-petroleum resources. A few techniques and segments are valuable in enhancing the proficiency of the motor. One of these methods is the use of superchargers in the I.C. Engine. It shows that output power of the engine increases when the amount of air in the cylinder increments and the charger plays a vital role in maximizing the quantity of air. So far, the supercharger is successfully used in big engines, but its use with a small engine is still in progress.Therefore, a super-charger is used in this design with a capacity of about 100 cc used in a two-wheel bike. In previous years an automotive industry has focused on a small and powerful engine that reduces volume and measures improved fuel usage and cleanliness. Total energy is only needed to accelerate and climb the mountains; during the rest of the excess time
As engine power maximizes when the
amount of air or mixture in the cylinder increases in the start of the compression stroke as it allows to burn
more fuel. The quantity of air injected per unit time can be expanded by
expanding the motor speed or air density is expanded during the suction stroke.
Increasing the motor speed requires a robust and robust motor, increases
inertia with increased speed. The friction of the motor and the loads of the
bearings also increase and the volumetric efficiency. Fall as the engine speed
increases. So it is Impossible. Now the process in which we increase suction
pressure is called supercharging. Supercharger is the instrument use for this process.
By increasing compression ratio the power also increases, and it is also
undesirable, since the most extreme value increases. The value the greatest P cycle
with an expand pressure proportion is not as much as rate of increment in BMEP
in supercharger in engine.
TECHNIQUES TO IMPROVE ENGINE PERFORMANCE
Following are the methods 1. Increased engine speed,2. Use of a higher compression ratio1. use of exhaust energy,3. Use of the two cycle 4. Improve the volumetric efficiency of the engine, 2. Increase in charge density
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUPERCHARGER & TURBOCHARGER
UnlikeTtheTturbochargersTthatTrequireTcoolTdownTtime,TorTwarmTupTtime,TtheTsuperchargerTisTreadyTtoTgoTwhenTyouTare.TAtT2000Trpm,TboostTisTalreadyTavailableTwithTaTsupercharger.TWhenTitTcomesTtoTfuelTefficiency,TsuperchargersTactuallyTkindTofThelpTtoTimproveTyourTMPG TheTreasonTforTbetterTmileageTisTtheTfactTthatTyouTdoTnotThaveTtoTdriveTtheTengineTatTfullTthrottleTdueTtoTavailableTboost.THowever,TanytimeTthatTyouTdriveTaggressively,TfuelTefficiencyTwillTsuffer. Fig. 2: Supercharger and turbochargerInstalling device takes several hours… if it has a mechanical slope and does not require cutting or welding. They have an autonomous supply of oil.
How a Supercharger Works
ATSingleTCylinder,TtwoTstroke,TpetrolTengineTisTusedTforTtheTpurposeTofTexperimentation.. The cooling water circulates separately to the brake
pulley of the rope. The necessary steps are taken to record the values of flow
rates that flow inside. Experiment work to improve engine performance is done
in the following steps. The speed was set exactly at 1500 rpm through the
throttle or the throttle cable attached to a bolt..
1. Assessment of engine performance and emissions when fueled
2. Assessment of performance and emissions of supercharged
3. Evaluation of performance and emissions of supercharged
engine with a mixture of gasoline and ethanol.
Sectional view of the supercharger
TheTloadTonTtheTengine ranges from zero to 6TandT8TkgTofTload. The speed has been same that will be taken. The readings
were run at speeds of 700 to 2200 rpm, respectively. The following observations
Reading the meter airflow
%age of Carbon mono oxide
Specific energy consumption
Fig. 4: Connections
1. DueTtoTtheTlowerTvolumetricTdisplacementTofTtheTsuperchargedTengine,TfrictionalT&TthermalTlossesTareTless2. TBrakeTpowerTwillTincreaseTaboutT45TpercentTbecauseTofTincreaseTinTsuperchargedTpressureTasTmoreTamountTofTfuelTwillTbeTburntTwithinTtheTsameTperiodTasTtheTmassTtakenTperTstrokeTisTincreased3. TTheThighTaltitudeTperformanceTofTaTsuperchargedTengineTisTsignificantlyTbetter.TBecauseTofTreducedTengineTisTsmaller;TitTisTthereforeTlessTnoisyTthanTaTnaturallyTaspiratedTengineTwithTidenticalToutput
1. TKnockingTwillTbeThighlightedTatThighTspeed,TbutTcanTbeTminimizedTbyTusingTdifferentTpercentageTofTethanol,TbyTusingTheatTexchangerT,airTcoolingT&TsomeTmodificationTinTnaturallyTaspiratedTengine,TsuperchargedTapplicationTgetTinfluencesTinTallTfieldTofTinternalTcombustionTengineTbyTobtainTmoreTpowerTfromTgivenTsizeTofTtheTengine2. Research shows that hydrocarbon emissions will decline by about 7.8 to 2.8% for the gasoline driven engine under different load conditions and will decrease by approximately 5 to 13% when using the gasoline-ethanol blend without a supercharger. 3. LiteratureTreviewTshowsTlossTofTmechanicalTpowerTtoTdriveTtheTsuperchargerTatTlowTspeed.
4. The emission of carbon monoxide will decrease by about 9 to 19% for the supercharged gasoline engine under different load conditions and will decrease by approximately 5 to 11% in petrol &12-21% using gasoline-ethanol blend with supercharger.
6TJ.TNavratil,TM.TPolasek,TO.TVitek,TJ.TMacek,TP.Baumruk,T”SimulationTofTsuperchargedTand turbochargedTsmallTspark ignitionTengine”,TJ.TMiddle Eur.TConstr.TDes.TCarT(2003)T27-3.